(Nelson, MN) The organizers of the Alexandria Industries’ Fishing For the Cure Ice Fishing Challenge raised a whopping $75,000 for Relay for Life of Douglas County. Patty Hoffman says they also had record-breaking attendance with 1,436 entry ticket holders. The event was held out on Smith Lake near Nelson on Saturday February 15th. This is the 14th annual fundraising fishing event that Alexandria Industries has conducted in their efforts to raise money to help with cancer research and outreach.
Prize Winners from the 2020 event are listed below. The full list of winners and prizes are included in the attached PDF files within this article.
Large Fish Category - TOP 5 FISH (Walleye/Northern):
- Clam C-560 Portable, 4 rods, 24 hand towels, Pete Koplin with a 8.10 lbs Northern
- 5 Tickets to Nickelodeon Universe, Tyler Eddy with a 7.13 lbs Northern
- Bag & Sweatshirt, Carter Wilmes with a 7.13 lbs.
- Tastefully Simple 10-Meal Kit, Andrew Velde with a 7.03 lbs Northern
- One Night Stay, Randy Wilmes with a 6.10 lbs Northern
Small Fish Category - TOP 5 FISH (Sunfish, Crappie, Perch)
- WIFI Marcum Camera, Evan Saterholm with a .815 lbs Crappie
- 5 Tickets to Nickelodeon Universe, Gene Tordsen with a .735 lbs Crappie
- Boomer Hat, Coffee Cup, Get Outside Sweatshirt, Jigs, Hunter Harlow with a .725 lbs Crappie
- Gift Cert, Pampered Chef stone-filled with goodies, Get Outside Shirt, Terry Foradony, Sr. with a .670 lbs Crappie
- Certificate for One Night Stay, Ryan Schleusner with a .635 lbs Crappie
- $3,517 – Brandon Nelson
Game Prize Winner
- Drone & Arrowwood Big Splash – Dillion Bock
Raffle Prize Winners
- Ice Castle Fish House – Nate Larson
- 4 Wheeler – Joyce Iverson
- Clam Shelter – Don Dickey
- Arrowwood Stay – Brent Steinhouse
- Big Buddy Heater – Kevin Hockert
- Honda Generator – Ryan Jones
- Timberwolves Tickets – Sterling Proszek
- Ice Auger – Bennie Hedstrom
Door Prize Winners
- Aluma Model Trailer – Jessica Bolstad
- Access Roll-up Cover – Cat Hinrichs
- Smith Lake Resort Weekend Stay – Jeff Thompson
- Strike Master Ice Auger – Thomas Henry
- $150 Cash – Angie Seidel
All proceeds are donated to the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Douglas County.