(Minneapolis, MN) -- Miami center Dewan Huell had 23 points, and Bruce Brown Junior. had 16 points, nine rebounds and four assists as tenth-ranked Miami survived its first big test of the season with an 86-81 win at number-12 Minnesota in the Big Ten/A-C-C Challenge last night. The Hurricanes shot 50.7 percent from the field, including 55-point-nine percent in the second half. Gopher forward Amir Coffey had 23 points, but Minnesota couldn't take advantage of its size advantage with Reggie Lynch and Jordan Murphy. Murphy, the reigning Big Ten player of the week, had 17 points and 14 rebounds. Lynch had 12 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocks. The Gophers are now 7-1, while Miami improved to 6-0.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Central Minnesota priest no longer part of priesthood
- Schools struggling as illnesses surge in Minnesota
- Seven people injured in crash in Carlos Township on Thursday
- One person dies in crash south of Glenwood
- This is How Many People are on Death Row in South Dakota
- Birds found dead on Minnesota lake, officials investigating
- Authorities identify homicide victim in South Side shooting
- Pot of Gold winner announced from Wake Up Alexandria event
- Central MN man to serve eight years in incident involving bi-racial family
- Christmas in the Fort and Light Up Broadway coming up Friday