(Alexandria, MN) -- The final Cardinal Sports Report of the week includes post-match reaction, following the Alexandria Cardinals' Volleyball victory at Fergus Falls Thursday evening.
Captains McKenzie Duwenhoegger and Kendra Hardy each slammed more than 10 kills, while teammate Erika Roderick distributed north of 30 set assists, as the Alexandria Cardinal Volleyball team prevailed at Kennedy Secondary School in Fergus Falls Thursday night. The set scores were 25-15, 25-20, and 25-15. The audio in the player below this paragraph includes comments from Kendra Hardy, as she joined KXRA Sports Director Dave McClurg and Linda Millsduring the radio post-match show.
The victory raised Alexandria to 4-6 overall, including a 2-2 mark in the Central Lakes Conference. After playing eight consecutive matches away from home the last couple of weeks, the Cardinals will be back at Pohlig Court inside Alexandria Area High School Tuesday, facing ROCORI in the Cards' Homecoming match.
The runners from the Cardinal Boys' Cross Country and Girls' Cross Country squads competed late Thursday afternoon in Little Falls, for the annual Lucky Lindy Invite. Summaries from Coach Travis Hochhalterare in the players below.
The Cardinal Boys' Soccer team has a tight contest in Cold Spring last night, facing ROCORI in the team's only meeting in the regular season. The synopsis from Coach Cahil Collins is accessible in the audio player below.
Brainerd downed Alexandria in a pair of Varsity events Thursday. The Girls' Tennis match at Alexandria Area High School was won by the visiting Warriors, 6-1, while the Girls' Swimming and Diving meet at Brainerd High School went the Warriors way, by a 116-70 score.
KXRA Radio will air the full schedule of Alexandria Cardinal Football games this season, along with selected Soccer and Volleyball broadcasts! Here is the schedule of upcoming play-by-play coverage:
- TONIGHT (Friday, September 14th) -- Football: CARDINALS @ Brainerd (Broadcast time -- approximately 6:55 p.m.)
- Tuesday, September 18th -- Girls' Soccer: CARDINALS @ Saint Cloud Apollo (Broadcast time -- approximately 6:40 p.m.)
- Friday, September 21st -- Football: CARDINALS versus ROCORI @ Alexandria Area High School (Viking Bank Field) (AAHS Homecoming Game) (Broadcast time -- approximately 6:40 p.m.)
- Tuesday, September 25th -- Volleyball: CARDINALS @ Saint Cloud Tech (Broadcast time -- approximately 6:55 p.m.)
- Thursday, September 27th -- Volleyball: CARDINALS versus Sartell-Saint Stephen @ Alexandria Area High School (Pohlig Court) (Broadcast time -- approximately 6:55 p.m.)