(BPT) - There’s something about songs and stories that have the power to stick with us through the years. There are certain tracks that make us feel good no matter how many times we listen, and certain conversations that we can’t seem to get out of our heads.
(BPT) - While coordinating regular family meals can sometimes be challenging, the benefits of spending time around the table with loved ones are definitely worth the extra effort. Family meals not only help strengthen relationship bonds, but can also be linked to higher self-esteem, positive…
(BPT) - Shortness of breath. Heart palpitations. When Danita first noticed these occasional abnormalities, she didn’t give them much thought. After all, she figured, aging and menopause can bring their fair share of physical changes, and the feelings would always go away.
(BPT) - Heading back to school during the COVID-19 pandemic means most of our nation’s teachers are facing unprecedented challenges this year.
(BPT) - As the country continues to navigate uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, it seems like there are new questions and decisions that pop up each day. What does heading back to school or work look like? How should my family commute in the safest way? How can I continue to minimize the ri…
(BPT) - Whether fall is when you switch out your exercise regimen or schedule your annual flu shot, staying healthy is at the top of most “to do” lists right now. Just remember your four-legged family members when considering seasonal changes to your wellness program. Fall is the perfect tim…
(BPT) - For kids, biking is one of the gateways to growing up. Popular films and TV hits such as “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” and “Stranger Things” highlight the joy a bike can bring as a fun way to explore or spend time kicking around the neighborhood. Yet, according to a study from the Out…
Sorry, but your browser does not support the video tag.
(BPT) - In recognition of Sickle Cell Awareness Month, we take the opportunity to highlight the challenges young adults with sickle cell disease (SCD) face when transitioning from pediatric to adult medical care. SCD is a lifelong inherited blood disorder that mainly affects people of Africa…
(BPT) - Society has become much better at recognizing the importance of mental wellness practices. It’s now common knowledge that exercise, a healthy diet and quality sleep are essential to both physical and mental health. This is great progress, but many people overlook other ways to take c…
- Unlock nostalgia on your favorite music and podcast streaming app
- 5 simple tips to make family meals count
- After Her Unexpected Diagnosis, Danita Knew Her Sister’s Symptoms Required a Conversation With a Doctor
- Back to school in the new normal: What teachers need most this fall
- Once a crisis moment, now a manageable situation: First autoinjector to treat severe hypoglycemia
- 5 fall tips for protecting your pet’s health
- The benefits of biking for kids
- How Small Business Owners are Shifting the Way They Do Business [Video]
- Bridging the Gap: Tips for Young Adults with SCD Transitioning from Pediatric to Adult Care [Infographic]
- How to boost mood and memory at home