(Minneapolis, MN) -- A worker at a Minneapolis paper recycling facility has died from injuries he suffered last week. Authorities say Simon Barrera Merino was hurt Tuesday at about 1:40 a-m. Merino suffered severe head and chest injuries from an accident at Pioneer Industries International involving a forklift. He died before he could be taken to a hospital. Officials haven’t offered more information about how the victim was hurt.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Anthony to be News Director, Korkowski moves into job with Explore Alex
- Lynda Carter isn't sure if she can still fit into iconic Wonder Woman outfit
- McIver named 2021 Christian Service recipient
- Three new veterans honored by Operation Veteran Recognition program
- City Council covers lakes, streets, parking and much more
- Flag returns to Alexandria
- Fatal Drug Overdoses Are on the Rise in North Dakota
- Christmas in the Fort, Lighting Ceremony returns
- Obituary- Anthony Slaamot, 44
- Obituary- Kelly Jean Burnham, 57