(Washington, DC) -- U-S Senator Tina Smith says she wants answers from the U-S Postal Service about its recent changes to first-class mail services that lead to longer delivery times and increased costs. The Minnesota Democrat says people depend on the postal service to fill their prescriptions, to pay their bills, to vote, to pay their taxes, and this is especially a big deal in rural communities, tribal communities or for people who are isolated at home. Smith says that she understands the post office's "desire to overcome budget shortfalls" but adds that the new standards will result in the slowest mail delivery that we've seen in 50 years.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Pedestrian dies in Thursday morning collision
- House Fire near Garfield
- Two more COVID-19 related deaths in Douglas County
- Eleven Minnesota traffic safety leaders receive Toward Zero Deaths Awards
- SunOpta's SOWN oat creamer part of surging industry
- Authorities release more details in fatal pedestrian collision
- Obituary - Curtis Carl Larson, 49
- Obituary - Shelley A. (Movold) Dargis-Ohlgren, 69
- City council looks into upcoming events, other agenda items Monday night
- Thursday crash near Osakis leaves one dead, another hospitalized