(St. Paul, MN) -- The Science Museum of Minnesota says the giant beaver won the vote to potentially become the official state fossil. Minnesota is one of only seven states that does not already have a designated state fossil. Doctor Alex Hastings says we absolutely have every intention of taking this thing all the way through legislation and getting it passed. Hastings says an initial eight candidates were chosen, and the giant beaver was a write-in ninth candidate. Minnesota lawmakers still have to sign off on the giant beaver becoming the state fossil.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Pedestrian dies in Thursday morning collision
- House Fire near Garfield
- Two more COVID-19 related deaths in Douglas County
- City council looks into upcoming events, other agenda items Monday night
- Eleven Minnesota traffic safety leaders receive Toward Zero Deaths Awards
- Obituary - Curtis Carl Larson, 49
- Thursday crash near Osakis leaves one dead, another hospitalized
- SunOpta's SOWN oat creamer part of surging industry
- Obituary - Steve Schlosser, 61
- Obituary - Shelley A. (Movold) Dargis-Ohlgren, 69