(Wilmer, MN) -- The mother of a man killed in a distracted driving crash west of the Twin Cities says others who have lost a child are the only ones who can relate to what the family feels. Donna Brau says the loss of her 21-year-old Robert Brau of Willmar five years ago left a big hole in the future -- and they get up every day and remember Robert. He was killed when a distracted teenager crossed the centerline of Highway 12 east of Montrose and hit him as he drove his motorcycle home to Willmar. Brau applauds the new hands-free cellphone law but says more needs to be done. Brau founded the group "Just Drive," which focuses on educating people that driving is a privilege and a huge responsibility.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Two Found Dead in Todd County
- Son charged in death of ex-NFL lineman Bennett, wife
- Huge Free Youth Event Planned For This Sunday
- Teen Singer Makes Return Trip to State Fair Semi-Finals
- Revered "Voice Of The Cardinals", Dave Harris: Bound For MSHSL Hall Of Fame
- Fatal Crash South of Alexandria
- Construction Worker Dies In Minneapolis Accident
- Update on Viking Plaza Mall
- Full Tuesday Leads to Discussions on AIS, Budgets and County Roads
- Obituary - Kathleen “Katie” Broten, 50