(Otsego, MN) -- Access to medical marijuana can be tough for people who live in rural parts of the state. Minnesota Medical Solutions C-E-O Doctor Jay Westwater says there are currently eight dispensaries and most are around the Twin Cities which is a geographic problem. The legislature approved adding eight more dispensaries which is expected to help with access in Greater Minnesota. Westwater says the high price of medical cannabis also comes into play because right now patients aren't allowed to use the plant material. He says it needs to be processed and formulated into pills, oils, balms and -- "that type of thing costs a lot of money."
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Fatal Crash South of Alexandria
- Rollover Crash near Carlos Corners
- Update on Viking Plaza Mall
- Two Vehicle Crash Near Interstate Monday
- Funnel Cloud Spotted Near Alexandria
- Patrol Investigating Fatal Crash on Hwy 29
- Ellingson Purchases Countryside Heating & Air Conditioning
- Local Artist "Glowing" to Times Square
- Local Senior Baseball Teams Head To Playoffs, Woida To Hall of Fame
- Mayor Honored, Bids Called for 44th Avenue Project