(Mankato, MN) -- Mankato Area Public Schools will have about 100 fewer staff next year. The Mankato School Board unanimously approved seven-and-a-half-million dollars in budget cuts to offset a projected deficit. The cuts come after the district lost revenue when 350 students chose to not enroll due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Budget projection are based on no enrollment increase or further COVID relief funding from the state. The school board will adopt a final budget in June.
CANCEL and DELAY
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Shania Twain rewears Man! I Feel Like a Woman! outfit
- Police Still Looking for Person(s) Responsible for Pellet Gun Shootings
- City Council Met Monday Night to Tackle a Full Agenda
- Jensen Named 2020 Christian Service Winner
- Senator Visits Alexandria to Talk About Restaurant Revitalization
- Obituary - Jennifer Ann Blankenship, 48
- Obituary - Gary Miller, 64
- When to prune hydrangeas for best bloom
- Felony Charge For Duluth East Student Who Had Ammo At School
- Severe Weather Awareness Week