(Alexandria, MN) The 2019 Annual Downtown Merchants Association Fundraiser is happening Friday evening in downtown Alexandria. The event will begin in Fort Alexandria, where tickets will be sold beginning about 4:45pm. The event itself runs from 5p-8p along Broadway Street, with many downtown businesses participating. Maps will be handed out marking each location as well as pencils so participants can take tasting notes about each formal beverage tasting. Local area artists will be at each of the 22 locations as will a specially created food pairing prepared by Garden Bar on 6th. Pam Botker of Creative Touch is the current DMA president and is very excited for the event. Betty Ravnik of Ravnik & Co. and Mahrie Ohren of Garden Bar on 6th were the main organizers for the event this year and are excited to announce that the DMA is also pairing with Pope Douglas Solid Waste to make it a fully compostable event. Downtown Eli Brown will be performing outside of Yesterday’s Antiques and the Johari Tribe will be performing in Fort Alexandria as people are collecting their bracelets to participate in the event. All proceeds to benefit the Alexandria Downtown Merchants Association, who also make events like “Party in the Street.” possible.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Big Voice, Small Town
- Bull Corralled After Hours on the Loose in Alexandria Sunday
- Propane Truck Rollover in Douglas County
- Construction Tractor and SUV Crash near Kensington
- MN Nat'l Guard conducting massive rail movement from Camp Ripley
- Relay for Life Event Tonight in Alexandria
- Referendum on November ballot to Increase Funding for Alexandria Public Schools
- Volunteers Needed for Critical Lakes Projects
- Chamber Ambassadors Recognize Four Local Businesses
- Clippers Keep Sailing Along With Two Wins in Morris