The Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce held its 28th Annual Duffers Delight Golf Tournament on Monday, June 3rd at Alexandria Golf Club. More than 200 people gathered for a day of fun, networking and golf, including 37 golf teams and 40 sponsors. The event is the main fundraiser for the Chamber, supporting its mission to promote the Alexandria Lakes Area as the ultimate destination to live, work, play and prosper. The event’s Title Sponsor is Innovative Builders, Inc.
The tournament featured sponsors at every tee and green and three hole-in-one opportunities including a $5,000 cash prize sponsored by Alomere Health, $10,000 cash prize sponsored by Glenwood State Bank and $25,000 toward a vehicle sponsored by Alexandria Motors, Diamond Buick GMC and Juettner Motors. Unfortunately, there were no hole-in-one winners this year. Other major sponsors include: Alexandria Golf Club; H Boyd Nelson, Inc.; Massman, LLC; Winning Edge Graphics, Inc.; Gate City Bank; CYBERsprout, LLC; Alex Rubbish & Recycling, Inc.; and Manpower.
This year’s tournament winners include the following:
• Champion and Skins Winner: CliftonLarsonAllen. Team members: Craig Haukom, Ben Vangsness, Casey Vangsness, and Nick Paulsen.
• 2nd Place: Larson Insurance. Team members: Mickey Larson, Jamie Larson, Jeff Dunn and Ken Lauer.
• 3rd Place: Knute Nelson. Team members: Mark Anderson, Angie Urman, Katie Perry and Marnie Gugisberg.
• Putting Contest winners: 1st – Glen Navratil, Team Brophy Bay Mart; 2nd – David Kent, Team 3M; 3rd - Josh Meyers, Team Bethany On the Lake.
• Red Ball Game Winner: KXRA. Team members: Jana Horstman, Chris Uhde, Shawn Stiras, Kathleen Kaley.