(Osakis, MN) Two people were injured Friday evening after one vehicle swerved to avoid a deer. The State Patrol says just after 6:00pm 20-year old Caleb Kilman of Alexandria was in a Chrysler Sebring, heading westbound on Highway 27. When he approached 151st Street Kilman swerved to avoid a deer and his vehicle landed in the south ditch. A Chevrolet 1500, driven by 36 year old Daniel Borstad of Osakis, turned around to go check on the Sebring driving westbound in the eastbound shoulder. At that moment a Chrysler Town & Country, driven by 83 year old Donald Brown of Burtrum was traveling eastbound and sideswiping the 1500. The Chevrolet overturned into the ditch striking the Sebring. Brown, and a passenger, 82 year old Barbara Brown were taken to CentraCare in Long Prairie with non-life threatening injuries.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Raapers on Fire Tuesday Morning
- Devastating Fire Destroys Portion of Historic Downtown Alexandria
- Hoffman Man Dies After Falling Through Ice While Snowmobiling
- Alexandria Cleans Up After Downtown Fire
- Parkers Prairie Man Dies In Crash With Semi
- Alexandria Polar Plunge Brings in Thousands for Special Olympics
- Authorities ID Victim in Deadly Shooting in Hibbing
- City Welcomes Car Charging Stations, Talk City Business
- Walk the line: How bail jumping became Wisconsin's 'most-charged crime'
- Obituary - Joseph “Joe” A. Koep, 72