(Alexandria, MN) There will be three candidates – Jeff Patience, Maureen Eigen, and Jeremy Smith vying for a special one-year term for the Alexandria School Board. All three have agreed to participate in a public forum on Tuesday, July 6th at Cornerstone Church in Alexandria. The candidates will each answer eight questions (two from each candidate and two from moderator Pastor Darryl Knappen. The public forum starts at 7:00pm and is expected to run until 8:30pm. Cornerstone Church is located at 202 7th Ave E, Alexandria, MN 56308.
A forum on KXRA Radio's Openline program is scheduled for Monday, July 26th at 9:05am.
Since more than two candidates filed, a primary election will be held on Tuesday, August 10 and the two candidates with the most votes will be on the ballot for the November 2 special election.
Here's how you can vote for the primary:
Vote early in person
Starting June 25 through August 9, you can vote early in person at the Woodland Elementary Building/District Office located at 1410 S McKay Ave during regular office hours of Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Vote early by mail
Request an absentee ballot by calling 320-762-2141 ext. 4213 or download an application at alexschools.org. Once you have completed the application, return it to the address noted on the back. Once the application is received, an absentee ballot will be mailed to you with instructions. Mail your ballot back in the pre-paid, pre-addressed envelope that was provided with your ballot materials. Ballots must be received by August 9.
For further information about voting by absentee ballot, including procedures and qualifications, call the District Office at (320) 762-2141 ext. 4213 or email Maggie Timm, Election Clerk at email@example.com.
Vote day of primary election
The primary for this Special Election is Tuesday, August 10. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Your polling location may be different than the last time you voted. Visit mnvotes.org or call 320-762-2141 ext. 4213 if you have questions about where to vote.
The list of polling locations for this election:
- Precinct No. 1: City of Alexandria, Ward 1, Precincts 1 and 2
Voting location: Lake Community Church, 490 Voyager Drive, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 2: City of Alexandria, Ward 2
Voting location: Reach Church (formerly known as Living Waters Church), 1310 North Nokomis, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 3: City of Alexandria, Ward 3
Voting location: New Life Christian Church, 1910 County Road 82 SE, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 4: City of Alexandria, Ward 4
*Voting location: The Church of St. Mary, 420 Irving St, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 5: City of Alexandria, Ward 5, Precincts 1 and 2
Voting location: Alexandria City Hall, 704 Broadway, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 6: LaGrand Township
Voting location: LaGrand Town Hall, 501 Town Hall Rd NW, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 7: City of Garfield, Brandon Township, Ida Township, Leaf Valley Township, and Moe Township
Voting location: Ida Town Hall, 4700 County Road 6 NW, Garfield
- Precinct No. 8: City of Miltona, Miltona Township, and Spruce Hill Township
Voting location: Miltona Community Center, 5590 County Road 14 NE, Miltona
- Precinct No. 9: City of Carlos, Belle River Township, and Carlos Township
Voting location: Carlos Town Hall, 210 Victoria Ave, Carlos
- Precinct No. 10: City of Nelson, Alexandria Township, and Osakis Township
Voting location: Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 2702 Highway 29 N, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 11: City of Forada and Hudson Township
Voting location: Forada City Fire Hall, 10991 Tobys Ave SE, Alexandria
- Precinct No. 12: Holmes City Township, Lake Mary Township, and Reno Township (Pope County)
Voting location: Lake Mary Town Hall, 4791 County Rd 4 SW, Alexandria
*Represents change in polling location for Ward 4.