(Alexandria, MN) This morning (Thursday) at 7:20 a.m., the Alexandria Police Department and North Memorial Ambulance responded to the report of a vehicle versus pedestrian crash with injuries. Upon arrival at the intersection of 3rd Avenue and Hawthorne Street, the victim, a 76 year old Golden Valley man was transported to Alomere Health where he later died as a result of injuries sustained. Alexandria Police Chief Scott Kent says the driver of the vehicle, a 39 year old Alexandria woman, stayed at the scene and has fully cooperated with law enforcement. The police department is asking anyone who may have witnessed this incident to contact them at 320-763-6631. Every detail will assist in the investigation. At this time, names are being withheld pending all family notifications. The case remains under investigation.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Pedestrian dies in Thursday morning collision
- House Fire near Garfield
- Two more COVID-19 related deaths in Douglas County
- Eleven Minnesota traffic safety leaders receive Toward Zero Deaths Awards
- SunOpta's SOWN oat creamer part of surging industry
- Authorities release more details in fatal pedestrian collision
- Obituary - Curtis Carl Larson, 49
- Obituary - Shelley A. (Movold) Dargis-Ohlgren, 69
- City council looks into upcoming events, other agenda items Monday night
- Thursday crash near Osakis leaves one dead, another hospitalized