(Alexandria, MN) The Lakes Area Professional Women’s organization (LAPW) has announced the 2016 Employers of the Year.
Ecumen Bethany Community of Alexandria was named the Large Employer of the Year (25 or more employees), and Creations, an Event Studio of Alexandria was named the Small Employer of the Year (fewer than 25 employees).
The annual awards are given to recognize employers who make opportunities available to women employees.
The selections are made based on the following criteria:
How well the company...
- promotes the advancement of women.
- promotes educational opportunities.
- utilizes creative company initiatives that empower women.
- provides upward mobility and training.
- recruits, retains and develops women leaders.
- supports parental leave and child care.
- demonstrates philanthropic support of the community.
The award program is part of Professional Women’s Week in Alexandria, Minnesota October 23 through October 29, 2016.
The Employers of the Year will be honored, along with the 2016 Professional Woman of the Year, during a local LAPW luncheon on Wednesday, October 26 at the Broadway Ballroom in Alexandria.