(Garfield, MN) On Saturday night, just after 8:00 PM a Garfield firefighter reported a house fire at 6491 39th Avenue NW near Garfield. The house was fully engulfed when law enforcement and firefighters arrived on scene. The homeowner, Debra Guenther, arrived on scene and stated she had left a space heater on in a bathroom. The Red Cross provided on scene assistance to Guenther. The Alexandria and Brandon Fire Departments provided mutual aid, and North Ambulance and the Garfield First Responders were also on scene. According to fire officials, the space heater is the likely cause of the fire.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Raapers on Fire Tuesday Morning
- Devastating Fire Destroys Portion of Historic Downtown Alexandria
- Hoffman Man Dies After Falling Through Ice While Snowmobiling
- Alexandria Cleans Up After Downtown Fire
- Owners of Raapers Extend Thanks to Community
- Alexandria Polar Plunge Brings in Thousands for Special Olympics
- Parkers Prairie Man Dies In Crash With Semi
- Fund Set Up To Help Fire Victims
- City Welcomes Car Charging Stations, Talk City Business
- Obituary - Joseph “Joe” A. Koep, 72