(Alexandria, MN) The Douglas County Commissioners had a busy day Tuesday. It started with a regular public board meeting at 9:00am, followed by a work session at 10:45am and another budget meeting at 1:00pm.
Our Tom Chorley checked in with the commissioners and files his County Commissioner Report on the following agenda items (AUDIO BELOW):
- Grant Lake treated August 8th for Aquatic Invasive Species
- Program fees for Public Health are up 5%
- Public hearing on County Ditch 17
- CR4 & 87 road improvements
- Outdoor storage in Hudson Township
- County needs a qualified CPA firm
- Another dividend from MCIT
- Geneva Capital Day October 8th
One item that was moved off the agenda was the County’s interest in the Pilgrim Point. The Minnesota Conference of the United Church of Christ plans to sell the 46-acre church camp on Lake Ida it has run since the late 1950's but turned down the County’s offer.