(Alexandria, MN) The State Patrol has confirmed that an Alexandria woman died as a result of a two vehicle crash at 3:39pm Wednesday afternoon south of Alexandria. A Jeep Grand Cherokee, driven by 59 year old James Leslie Whalen of Castle Rock, Colorado was traveling northbound on Highway 29 near Hiebel Road, while a Dodge Caravan, driven by 61 year old Betty Ann Bengtson of Alexandria, was traveling southbound. The Jeep Grand Cherokee crossed the center line striking the Dodge Caravan causing both vehicles to roll. The Dodge Caravan came to a rest on its wheels in the west ditch and the Jeep Grand Cherokee came to a rest on its roof. Bengtson died as a result of the crash. 60 year old Debra Lee Bengtson was a passenger in the Caravan. She and Whalen received non-life threatening injuries.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Two Found Dead in Todd County
- Son charged in death of ex-NFL lineman Bennett, wife
- Huge Free Youth Event Planned For This Sunday
- Fatal Crash South of Alexandria
- Update on Viking Plaza Mall
- Teen Singer Makes Return Trip to State Fair Semi-Finals
- Revered "Voice Of The Cardinals", Dave Harris: Bound For MSHSL Hall Of Fame
- Construction Worker Dies In Minneapolis Accident
- Full Tuesday Leads to Discussions on AIS, Budgets and County Roads
- Obituary - Kathleen “Katie” Broten, 50