House Fire

(FILE PHOTO)

(Miltona, MN)  Early this morning, around TWO a.m., the Douglas County Sheriff's Office received a report of a house fire at 17484 East Lake Vermont Road NE in Miltona Township. The homeowners woke up and discovered smoke and visible flames from the eaves of the house.

All of the occupants were able to safely get out of the house.

Deputies and the Miltona Fire Department responded and requested assistance from the Leaf Valley and Parkers Prairie Fire Departments. The fire is believed to have been caused by a wood burning stove inside the home. The house sustained significant damage.

The American Red Cross has been contacted and will be offering assistance to the victims.