(St. Paul, MN) -- The Minnesota Court of Appeals has put an end to the attempt to save the historic Catholic Church of St. Mary in Melrose. An arson fire heavily-damaged the 118-year-old building four years ago. A group called Friends to Restore St. Mary's had sued the parish, the diocese and Bishop Donald Kettler in an effort to keep the structure from being demolished. The appeals court agreed with a lower court ruling which said the diocese had the right to decide its internal matters.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Authorities Name Suspect in Spree of Bank Robberies
- 2019 Alumni Hall of Fame Class Announced
- Osakis Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- Play Pro Football Pick'Em
- Family Dispute Stops Estate Sale At Irwin Jacobs Residence
- Cards Football Comeback Stopped Short; Jacks Prevail
- Lane closures at 3rd and Broadway in Alexandria scheduled to begin Monday
- Mankato Man Arrested on Warrant for Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Veteran's Statue Gets Moved
- Obituary - Kim Nord, 54