(Alexandria, MN) Dr. Noel Collis made a stop in Alexandria to make it official. He is running for the District 7 congressional seat currently held by longtime Democratic congressman Collin Peterson. The announcement is one week following the announcement of former Lt. Governor Michelle Fischbach, and a month after the man who has come close to 5% within unseating Peterson in the last two elections, Dave Hughes, announced he was running. Collis is a lifelong Minnesota resident and doctor. He is a graduate of St. Olaf and the U of M Medical School. He ran for the District 7 position once before; back in 1992. Collin Peterson has been representing the district since 1990. Collis calls Peterson a career politician and contends he is not a politician or a lawyer. You can hear a conversation with Dr. Collis by clicking on the audio link (BELOW).
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Authorities Name Suspect in Spree of Bank Robberies
- SUV-Semi Crash North of Brandon
- 2019 Alumni Hall of Fame Class Announced
- Osakis Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- Family Dispute Stops Estate Sale At Irwin Jacobs Residence
- Play Pro Football Pick'Em
- Cards Football Comeback Stopped Short; Jacks Prevail
- Mankato Man Arrested on Warrant for Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Lane closures at 3rd and Broadway in Alexandria scheduled to begin Monday
- Veteran's Statue Gets Moved