(Alexandria, MN) The Douglas County Fair Board of Directors has come to the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Douglas County Fair.
The Board says,, "We did not make this decision lightly. The health and safety of all fairgoers is our top priority. The State of Minnesota and the CDC continue to recommend restrictions on mass gatherings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We also took into consideration the challenges of enforcing social distancing requirements, the extensive sanitation requirements, undue burdens placed upon our vendors and exhibitors, and the financial stability of the Douglas County Fair Association."
The Board added they will continue to support 4-H programming at the fairgrounds. They ask people to "keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further announcements.
Thank you for understanding our decision. While we know that not everyone in our community will agree with this cancellation, we recognize and respect your opinions.
Most importantly, we look forward to coming back in 2021 with twice the fun!"
If you have a specific question or concern, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status of area county fairs:
- The Todd County Fair is slated for Aug. 13-16, 2020
- Stevens County Fair is slated for Aug. 11-16, 2020
- Wadena County Fair - Cancelled
- Stearns County Fair - Cancelled
- Grant County Fair - Cancelled
- Pope County Fair - Cancelled
- West Otter Tail County Fair - Cancelled
- East Otter Tail County Fair is scheduled for July 23-26th