(Alexandria, MN) The Douglas County Commissioners met on Tuesday to talk about the following agenda items. KXRA's Tom Chorley covers them in his County Commissioner Report (AUDIO BELOW):
- 2020 current net levy announced.
- County Extension Officer Manager receives award.
- Feedlot operator’s CPU revised to earlier CPU.
- Lake Brophy Park seasonal bathhouse complete.
- Now a drawing’s required for unplatted land submission.
- State Emergency Management performance grant approved.
- DNR snowmobile law enforcement grant approved.
- Sheriff to hire Caregiver Consulting Service.
More about Kim Taveirne
The Douglas County Board of Commissioners recognized a well-deserved Meritorious Support Staff Award given to Kim Taveirne. Kim balances many requests in her position as office manager/support staff with the County Extension Office.She juggles requests from 65 master gardener volunteers and more than 300 4Hers. Extension Educator Robin Trott nominated her for the honor. Robin says Kim demonstrates an extraordinary commitment to Extension educators, staff, volunteers and the public. Kim creates memorable posters, handouts and promotional materials and awards as well as manages fair registrations, proof-reads educator articles and so much more.