(Alexandria, MN) The Alexandria City Council met on Monday afternoon at 5:00pm for a special meeting in advance of their regular meeting at 7:00pm. In it the council reviewed the 2019 Financial statements in preparation for the evening meeting and reviewed the city's COVID-19 preparedness plan.
At the regular meeting, the council reviewed the following agenda items which are contained in Tom Chorley's City Council Report (AUDIO BELOW):
- City extends emergency policy
- City takes ownership of Veterans Memorial Park
- Donation accepted for railings for Veterans Memorial Park
- City’s working to create an appropriate behavioral workplace
- Donation accepted to further police public safety
- On sale liquor license holders get a break
- City’s Code of Conduct updated
- Audit only infraction: assurance non-compliance
- Street projects bid approved
- Traffic Calming Island criteria and processing approved
- Street projects closer to completion
- Local street overlay project has begun
The next City Council Meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 13th.