(Stearns County, MN)--A central Minnesota man will reportedly serve more than eight years in prison for crashing his vehicle into the home of a bi-racial family in central Minnesota. The incident took place in Cold Spring. According to court documents, Benton Beyer, 33, of Richmond, has been convicted of multiple felonies including second-degree assault motivated by bias. Authorities say Beyer used a large rock to hold down the accelerator of a stolen SUV, aimed it at the home, and fled the scene as it crashed in July 2021.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect for parts of west central Minnesota
- Two people die in house fire in central Minnesota
- Three are injured in weekend crash in Otter Tail County
- Teacher Of The Year candidates announced, local teacher one of nominees
- One person is injured in crash near Miltona
- One person is dead following crash in central Minnesota
- Fire reported at residence in Alexandria Thursday evening
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect for early Friday
- Name of pedestrian killed by a train near Detroit Lakes is released
- Man is shot to death in central Minnesota, suspect being sought