Students going into 2nd through 8th grade are getting a unique opportunity to not only get outdoors and try something new, they are building something that will hopefully be there for years to come. Makercamp is a chance for these Alexandria area students to make things. For one week they planned, prepared and constructed 2 outdoor classroom that included 20 benches, along with installing some laser-written signage at Discovery Middle School's DNR Forestry site. VOA's Joe Korkowski has the story
- Pedestrian dies in Thursday morning collision
- House Fire near Garfield
- Two more COVID-19 related deaths in Douglas County
- Eleven Minnesota traffic safety leaders receive Toward Zero Deaths Awards
- SunOpta's SOWN oat creamer part of surging industry
- Obituary - Curtis Carl Larson, 49
- Obituary - Shelley A. (Movold) Dargis-Ohlgren, 69
- City council looks into upcoming events, other agenda items Monday night
- Thursday crash near Osakis leaves one dead, another hospitalized
- Wisconsin GOP bill would make it easier for K-12 students to transfer because of COVID-19 restrictions
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A daily list of current funeral annoucements as heard on KXRA 1490 AM/100.3 FM
The daily news, sports, and events delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This current sports headlines delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
This email is the events of the area delivered daily from Voice of Alexandria.
The big news. Sent only as it happens.
Cancellations and Delays
This email arrives only when there are cancellations or delays in the area.