(Alexandria, MN) 3M of Alexandria presented Junior Achievement with a $4000 grant Thursday at the 3:30pm board meeting at Woodland Elementary. This current school year, Junior Achievement (JA) has reached approximately 1500 Alexandria Public School students in grades 1-5, teaching financial literacy, workforce readiness, and entrepreneurship skills. Junior Achievement empowers students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world, enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and increasing their understanding of the value of staying in school. JA works with schools, businesses and the community to teach and prepare young people the skills they need to succeed in the global economy.
In the traditional classroom experience, Junior Achievement (JA) is brought to Grades 1-4 classrooms by community and parent volunteers. Through hands on activities and life experiences of the 50 volunteers, JA teaches students the skills they need to effectively manage money and prepare for their future.
Junior Achievement is made possible through the generous donations of local businesses and organizations. These donors find JA to be relevant because it inspires kids to succeed and prepares them to be work ready.
- As 3M’s social investment arm, 3Mgives strives to maximize the company’s community impact and support a culture of service among our people.
- 3M has partnered with Junior Achievement for more than 25 years to support our next generation of innovators and business leaders.
- At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $32 billion in sales, our 91,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. A recognized global leader in corporate giving, strategic philanthropy, volunteerism and community engagement, 3M has invested $1.5 billion in cash and products in U.S. communities since 1953, with additional international contributions and countless volunteer hours. For more information, visit www.3Mgives.com.
- 3M Alexandria opened in 1967 and has over 400 employees.
- 3M is a global innovation company that never stops inventing. Over the years, we have worked to improve daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. We have made driving at night easier, made buildings safer, and made consumer electronics lighter, less energy-intensive and less harmful to the environment. We even helped put a man on the moon.
- 3M Alexandria actively supports K-12 Education, Health & Human Services programs, Arts & Culture and Environment through partnerships, contributions and volunteerism in Alexandria and other surrounding communities.