As West-Central Minnesota shuffles into Summer, the Red Willow Arts Coalition has created a COVID-19 preparedness plan - set to be implemented when their free courthouse lawn concert series begins its shortened season on June 25.
RWAC takes the health & safety of all concert attendees very seriously, remaining vigilant in mitigating the outbreak. In order to be safe while maintaining their events, the organization has developed this plan in the hopes that the lawn audience will follow along with its ordinances at each & every concert. RWAC will monitor the related guidance from the CDC/MDH in the coming months & adjust their situation accordingly.
For now, follow these tips to keep your family, friends and neighbors safe while we try to resume some local live entertainment in the lakes area:
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home!
- Face-masks are encouraged to be worn by all attendees
- Specific distancing instructions will be conveyed by radio, newspaper and websites prior to the series start as well as announced the night of each concert (the preparedness plan is included in RWAC brochures as well)
- Attendees typically bring their own seating, so this will allow folks to socially distance from their neighbors; however, the distancing between attendees & performers will be monitored by RWAC staff
- Four self-serves stations for popcorn & water will be maintained to avoid lines
- A hand washing station will be available at the popcorn prep area
- Two porta-pottys will be available on-site during events to increase the amount of public bathroom options within the downtown Alex area
- Standard street closure of 7th Avenue between Douglas & Cedar. A change from parallel to perpendicular parking will allow more attendees to listen to concerts from their vehicles if desired
- Adequate waste receptacles will be provided