The Legacy of the Lakes Museum is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Pledge-a-Paddle Community Art Contest. Last year we had 35 magnificent paddles from the community displayed as part of our Slo Boats exhibit. This year, the paddles will receive their own exhibit!
We invite members of the community (of all ages) to participate in this year’s contest. The paddles will be displayed for the entire museum season, allowing the public to vote for their favorites for the People’s Choice Award, adult and youth category. All paddles are eligible for the Juror’s Choice and Artists Choice awards. In August, there will be an Artist’s Reception for all the paddle art creators with an awards presentation. At the end of the season, the paddles will be auctioned off as a fundraiser for the Museum.*
REGISTRATION - March 31
PADDLE PICK-UP - March & April
SUBMISSION - May 3rd
EXHIBIT OPENING - May 21
- One paddle will be provided to each registrant. Registrants are not required to use a provided paddle, but must get approval of paddle dimensions
- There are two age categories: Adult (15 & up) and Youth (14 & under)
- *Unless otherwise noted on registration form, the artist is donating their paddle to the Museum for the purpose of a fundraising auction benefiting the Museum.
- Legacy of the Lakes Museum is family friendly and reserves the right to not display art that is deemed inappropriate. In that event, the registrant will forfeit the registration fee.
- Award winners will receive prizes furnished by area businesses
- Submissions must include the title of the work and name of the artist
- The registration fee is $20.00; $15:00 for museum members.
- Download and fill out the registration form by clicking here.
- Return the form and payment to the Museum. You can return it one of three ways:
- In person: Drop off the form and payment to Legacy of the Lakes Museum 205 3rd Ave W, Alexandria, MN 56308. If you choose this method, you can pay with cash, check, or credit.
- By mail: Send in the form and check or credit information to Legacy of the Lakes Museum: PO Box 1216, Alexandria, MN 56308. Do not send cash.
- Electronic: Send in the completed form to email@example.com and use the PayPal link below to pay the registration fee. Payments made through PayPal will show up as Minnesota Lakes Maritime Society.
- Pick-up your paddle at the Museum.
For more information and to register, visit our website.